|LOWER COURSE OF THE HAKARI RIVER
Torosadzor is situated "opposite the Yemazlu village and extends from Khdrants up to the Barkushat River". The village and the stream of identical name had been named after prince Toros, who gained power in this region in the beginning of 1720-ies. In accordance with Orbelian "... Prince Toros had moved from Soghanlu and established his residence in the place named Torosats-Dzor, near the Yemazlu village." - The villages Upper, Lower and Middle Yemazlu, as well as Spilakaghbyur (Aghbis ). Khachtap, (Saralikheshtab) Tandzatap (Gharababa), Large and Dara Gulatagh, Vtanants (Venetli), Kzrkhana (Ozrikhana), Aladin (Shamli) and Iskyandarbekli are situated in the valley of that stream. The former Armenian names of the majority of these presently Turkish villages were fortunately not forgotten.