|AREA IN THE LOWER COURSE OF THE BASUTAJUR
Tzobi is one of the oldest villages in the area. It is mentioned by St. Orbelian already in the list of the Kovsakan district taxpayers (tax equal to 12 dahekan). The nomads that settled here in the late XVIII century after the village was deserted by Armenians called the village Sobi or Sobu. The identity of the toponyms Tzobi and Sobu is proved.
Tzobi is situated on the southern slope of a mountain spur, at the left bank of the right hand tributary to Basutajur, Unfortunately, the Turkish nomads that established in this village had destroyed any traces of Armenian culture.
1.5-2 km north of Tzobi there are the villages Khndzer (Khndzor) and Kotanlar situated at a distance of 1 km of each other. The latter is mentioned in the list of the Chavndur district villages alongside with the tax amounting to 1300 measures of produce.